San Francisco Film School
The San Francisco Film School was founded by filmmakers with the core philosophy – “the best way to learn the art and craft of filmmaking is to make films!” Our unique production-based curriculum combines traditional classroom learning with practical, hands-on instruction. Students study core areas of filmmaking including directing, screenwriting, cinematography, producing, editing & post-production, and audio for film. During the course of each program, students make their own films, collaborate on classmates’ projects, make industry contacts, and create a body of work that will help them launch their career.
Why Study at SF Film School?
- Small class size
- Diverse, international student body
- Military Veteran friendly environment
- Hands-on, production-based learning
- Mentorship from award-winning film, TV and new media professionals
- Intensive courses, challenging schedule, and an accelerated completion timeline
- Greater access to high quality, state-of-the-art equipment
- Develop contacts in the entertainment industry
- Receive credit on student and professionally-produced feature films
- Nationally accredited
- Federal financial aid and veterans benefits accepted
Our Philosophy is Simple
The best way to learn the art and craft of filmmaking is to make films.