Founded in 2005, the San Francisco Film School is located in heart of one of the most vibrant and creative cities in the world. In 2016, we moved into a brand new state-of-the-art facility located in downtown San Francisco at 155 Sansom Street. The historic Art Deco building was formerly the San Francisco Stock Exchange and is home to the prestigious San Francisco City Club.
Our campus boasts editing classrooms, sound stage with green screen, and a movie screening room – all designed to provide the best teaching experience possible. Easy accessible by all forms of public transportation (BART, MUNI), our new campus is surrounded by movie theaters, art galleries, restaurants, coffee shops, shopping and more.
- BART: From the Montgomery Street Station, exit at Sansome Street. The City Club is located 1½ blocks to the north. For routes and schedules, visit www.bart.gov
- Muni Bus: 155 Sansome St. is close to several Muni bus lines. For routes and schedules, visit www.sfmta.com.
- Cable Car: From the California Street line, exit at Sansome Street. 155 Sansome St. is located 1½ blocks to the south.
- Bus Lines: AC Transbay, Golden Gate Transit, Muni and Sam Trans all have multiple nearby routes. Call (415) 673-6864 or www.sfmuni.com
- From East Bay via the Bay Bridge – Follow I-580 East / I-80 West to San Francisco, Slight right onto I-80 West, Take Exit 2C for Fremont Street, Turn left onto Pine Street, Turn left onto Montgomery Street, Turn left onto Bush Street, Turn left onto Sansome Street.
- From Marin via the Golden Gate Bridge – Follow Highway 101 South to San Francisco, Slight right onto Doyle Drive, Slight left onto Lombard Street, Turn right onto Gough Street, Turn left onto Bush Street, Turn left onto Sansome Street.
- From South Bay – Follow Highway 101 North toward Civic Center, Slight right onto 1-80 East, Take Exit 2 for 4 th Street (last San Francisco exit), Turn left onto Bryant Street, Turn left onto 3 rd Street, Turn right onto Bush Street, Turn left onto Sansome Street.
Here is a list of public parking garages within easy walking distance to 155 Sansome St. Please check with the individual garages for their current prices and hours of operation. Parking can be reserved with www.parkingpanda.com
- 1 Bush Street (between Battery and Sansome streets) – 415.273.7911
- Mill’s Garage, 220 Bush Street (between Montgomery and Sansome streets) or enter at 333 Pine Street (between Montgomery and Sansome streets) – 415.986.1242
- 345 California Street (between Sansome and Battery streets) – 415.434.7743
- 101 California Garage (Entrance on Front Street between Pine and California streets) – 415.956.1060
- 100 Pine Street (at Front Street) – 415.391.2192
- 235 Pine Street (between Sansome and Battery streets) – 415.989.2849
- 343 Sansome Street (between Sacramento and California streets) – 415.433.3430
- Sutter Stockton Garage, 444 Stockton Street (between Bush and Sutter streets) – 415.982.7275, OPEN 24 HOURS
- St. Mary’s Square Garage, 433 Kearny (Between Pine and California streets) – 415.956.8106, OPEN 24 HOURS After 6 PM there is parking on the street.